We where discussing on the Sub themes for the whole SASF. these suggested themes are as follows :
Sub themes for the entire SASF
1. Implications of the financial crisis on SADC -G20, G8, Debt, Trade and Aid issues
Participants Anticipated: Economic justice networks in the region- SASPN, AFRODAD, MWENGO, ZIMCODD, LEJAC, JUBILEE SA, MEJN, JUBILEE ZAMBIA, SEATINI, Mozambique Economic Justice network, Swaziland Economic Justice Network, Cross Border Associations-informal economy sector, Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS – ARC), Jesuit Centre for Theological Reflection (JCTR), Civil Society for Poverty Reduction, Organisation Development and Community Management Trust (ODCMT)
2. Education as a human right and impact of the financial crisis on education and economic development
Participants Anticipated: Students’ organizations, youth organizations, like minded NGOs working on education (Action Aid, OSISA, etc), Zambia Civil Education, FAWEZA, and Zambia National Educational Coalition (ZANEC)
3. Land as a human right -food security issues and land rights in the rural areas -women and access to land, housing and land rights issues
Participants Anticipated: Landless People’s Movement-South Africa, Plass, Housing rights movements, farmer’s organizations, Via Campesina-Mozambique, Zambia Land Alliance, Zambian National Women’s Lobby Group, RAPDA, and Zambia Alliance of Women (ZAW).
4. Globalization Impact of the World Cup 2010 in the region, etc
Participants Anticipated: Economic justice networks
5. EPAS-where does SADC stand?
Participants Anticipated: CUTS, Centre for Trade Policy and Development (CTPD), Caritas Zambia.
6. Gender and women and Vulnerable Group’s Rights -reviewing the SADC Gender protocol and what it means to the women and men in the SADC region -gender based violence
Participants Anticipated: WILDAF, NGOCC, Women for Change, Zambian National Women’s Lobby Group, Zambia Alliance of Women, Women in Agriculture, District Women’s Development Associations, WLSA-chapters, men’s and women’s networks on Gender-Based Violence, and other women’s organizations in each SADC country in liaison with national social forums -addressing the concerns of women, the girl child and the boy child.
7. Youth: Youth organizations in the SADC region-to liaise with national social forums
Participants Anticipated: YMCA, YWCA, Youth Forum Zambia, Youth Development Organisation, Operation Young Vote, Youth Vision, NYCA.
8. HIV & AIDS:
Participants Anticipated: TAC- South Africa, TALC, ZECT, ZNAN, People Living with HIV/AIDS in Zambia, SAFAIDS-Regional office and national offices in the region, National Networks of people living with HIV & AIDS in the SADC region-liaise with national social forums.
9. Governance and Human Rights, Constitutionalism and Democracy –its impact on development -Madagascar,Swaziland,Zimbabwe, -Post elections –Malawi,South Africa, Namibia etc.
Participants Anticipated: Human rights organizations in the region-liaise with national social forums, – EISA, IDASA, NCA, Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition, OSISA, Action Aid International, Oxfam, ZCSD, SACCORD, AVAP, CSPR, FODEP, GTZ, CARITAS Zambia, MS./ Action Aid Zambia.
10. Social Service Delivery -corruption in service delivery
Participants Anticipated: Residents association in the region-liaise with national social forums, water rights movements and networks, housing rights networks, Transparency International-at country level in the region, CARITAS Zambia, CSPR etc.
11. Regional integration -peacemaking and mediation
Participants Anticipated: SACCORD.
12. Religion and other Faith based organizations -a source of conflict or resource for peace
Participants Anticipated: Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace at national or regional levels-liaise with national social forums, Ecumenical coalitions, council of churches at national and regional levels, traditional healers association, JCTR, CARITAS Zambia, CCZ, CHAZ etc
13. Labour rights:
Participants Anticipated: COSATU, ZCTU, ZACTU, LECTU, SATUCC, etc. national and regional trade unions and labour research institutions, etc
14. Media -addressing the right to information and access to information
Participants Anticipated: MISA chapters in the region, FXI-South Africa, and other media institutions- liaise with national social forums, PANOS, MISAZAMBIA, and Press Freedom Committee of the Post Newspapers.
15. Cross-Border Trading
Participants Anticipated: Khathang Tema Baits’ukuli, Economic justice networks in the region- SASPN,AFRODAD, MWENGO, ZIMCODD, LEJAC, JUBILEE SA, MEJN, JUBILEE ZAMBIA, SEATINI, Mozambique Economic Justice network, Swaziland Economic Justice network, Cross Border Associations-informal economy sector, CUTS, ODCMT, CTPD etc.
16. Environment, Mining and Climate Change:
Participants Anticipated: LEJAC, UNITE; PELUM, Green Living Movement (GLM), WWF and other Environmental Organizations,
17. Arts and Culture:
Participants Anticipated: Arts and Cultural Organizations (ZAMCOPS, NAC, ZAM), individual artists.
18. Eradicating Child labour- Cooperate Social Responsibility and its role in Combating child labour and its impact; ODCMT, ILO, CHIN, PLAN – Zambia, Zambia Federation of Employers, ZCTU etc